Window decoration in the apartment plays an important role. The selected curtains complement the interior design and give it a finished look. Roller blinds are a modern design option for window openings. They go well with tulle, lambrequin. Manufacturers offer a wide range of roller blinds models with their own advantages and disadvantages.
Roller blinds are a canvas equipped with a lifting mechanism. The demand for such products is growing steadily for a number of reasons associated with a large number of advantages:
- The design is easy to install. Installation is within the power of almost any person who does not have special skills.
- Suitable for all types of window openings. Can be installed on plastic and wooden structures.
- Do not interfere with the opening of vents and windows. This is due to the peculiarity of fastening to the frame.
- A wide range of colors. There are options for both monochromatic products and with different prints.
- Convenient regulation of light intensity. Even a child can handle the mechanism.
- Go well with tulle from different materials. It harmoniously complements any window design.
- Ease of care. The material is impregnated with dust-repellent substances.
- Effectively prevents sunlight from entering the room. This is true on hot days, in winter it reduces heat loss.
Against a huge number of advantages, the disadvantages seem quite insignificant. When deciding to design a window opening with roller blinds, they must be taken into account. The disadvantages of the product include:
- Prevents the opening of vents on old models of window frames.
- There are products with a weak opening and closing mechanism. You should pay special attention to the reliability and quality of the curtains.
- Roller blinds are not suitable for interior decoration in some styles. This applies to the Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance.
In other directions, window decoration will look stylish and modern. Knowing all the advantages and disadvantages of the product, you can choose the most suitable option.
Which curtains to choose
Roller blinds are produced in several versions. They differ in type of construction, appearance and size. Open-type models are very popular. A curtain is screwed onto the shaft in the upper part using an adjusting cord. The bottom of the product has a plumb line, which ensures the horizontal position of the blade when twisting and untwisting the shaft. The fastening elements of the entire structure to the surface are in the form of corners. With their help, the curtain is attached to the window opening.
Less popular is the cassette view. In this case, the shaft is located under the box, which is attached to the surface of the frame. The canvas itself moves along special guides. This completely excludes light from the sides of the product. Cassette, web and guides can be made in one color scheme. Manufacturers offer such options for curtains in different sizes. There are mini models that are well suited for decorating window sashes, doorways. Large versions are used for stands, showcases and large windows without a sash.
Roller blinds are classified according to transparency. Strong blackout is provided by Black-out models, the light transmittance of such material is 0%. A small amount of sunlight allows the Dim-out material to pass through - 10% of daylight and 12% of sunlight. There are translucent canvases that only shade the room without creating a strong obstacle to daylight. These curtains are well suited for shading out the bright sun. Very transparent models slightly scatter the sun's rays and act as a tulle on the window.